At Hillcrest we have very high expectations for our students. Great emphasis is placed on hard work, achievement and high standards of behaviour.
Values and Ethos
Hillcrest School and Sixth Form Centre is a safe and respectful learning environment where every child is valued as an individual with unique talents and ambitions.
- are an outward looking and confident community, actively promoting the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- are a happy, responsible and fair school respected by the community;
- improve our environment to meet the educational demands of the twenty-first century;
- raise expectations and achievement for all;
- prepare everyone for the challenges of modern Britain and a changing world; and
- develop a passion for life-long learning.
We believe our school is an ideal size, since it is large enough to provide a full range of subjects and to enable us to employ specialist teachers, but not so large that the individual becomes lost in the crowd.
Hillcrest is committed to ensuring all members of our learning community have equal opportunities to achieve their potential.
Our equality objectives ensure that we
- eliminate all forms of discrimination in line with the Equality Act 2010
- improve equality of opportunity for people with protected characteristics
- consult and involve those affected by inequality in the decisions we make to promote equality and eliminate discrimination
Please see our Equality and Diversity Policy for further details click here.