To ensure every student achieves their full academic and social potential.
Make sure that teaching consistently challenges and motivates all students, by:
- Making effective use of assessment information to match tasks to all students’ needs and abilities;
- Ensuring that learning activities and questioning techniques engage and challenge all students fully;
- Encouraging all students to take responsibility for their own learning and develop their independent learning skills, using ‘flipped learning’ and the six effective learning strategies;
- Ensuring that marking and feedback always make clear the next steps a student needs to take to make further progress;
- Ensuring all students have time to reflect on their feedback and make adjustments/ re-draft work, supporting them to make further progress.