The Friends of Hillcrest
All parents/carers of students attending Hillcrest are automatically Members of the Friends of Hillcrest (PTA), as are all members the school staff.
We aim to:
- Promoting the community which exists between parents, students and teaching staff.
- Encourage activities of all kinds to promote the education and welfare of all students attending the school.
- Assist the school staff in making new families welcome and to feel that they belong to a large community comprising of other parents as well as students and teachers.
- Support the school in times of difficulty whichever way will prove to be beneficial.
- Help the school to maintain and improve amenities, with financial support, which is not provided by central funding.
- To support the school in raising funds for equipment and activities which cannot be provided out of normal school budgets.
The really important consideration is the full and happy education of your child. The Friends of Hillcrest continually strives to this end.
We would welcome any new ideas which might appeal to parents and students. All parents are welcome at all of our meetings, and we would be grateful for as much of your time and energy as you feel able to offer. We meet every half-term and welcome the support of any new members of the Hillcrest community.
We run a 50/50 Club which provides regular income to the Friends of Hillcrest School. This is a monthly draw with a chance to win one of three prizes £25.00, £15.00 or £10.00. A regular donation of just £1.00 per month makes a difference to our fundraising. Please click here if you would like to support the 50/50 club.
During 2015-16, the Friends made donations of over £1300 to help the school. The money was used to support the annual ‘Incentive Scheme’ winners’ day, the ‘Enterprise Initiative’ and to cover the cost of the ‘Getting It Right’ badges and other awards to students at the end of the year, including the new ‘Inter-College Sports Award’. As part of our ongoing fundraising campaign we organise an annual sponsored walk and support students at the annual Christmas Fayre. In 2016-17 we are also planning a ‘Spring Dance’ for students and a ‘Friends of Hillcrest Fashion Show’
If you would like to know more, please contact Mrs Wilcock (Chair of Friends) Mrswilcock@gmail.com or via the school office.